Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Down with Sprint

I need my cell phone, but I can do without cell phone companies.

You know how they call you at 7 a.m. to offer you a *great deal* on a new phone when yours works just fine? Well that happened to me - but I managed to talk them down from $145 to $9.99 (it can be done, just set your mind to it).

Anyway, I told them I was not going to buy a new phone if I couldn't transfer my pictures over from my old phone. They assured me that I could. So I bought two (one for me, one for Brandon).

Then, after waiting in the Sprint line for 30 minutes, they told me I can't.
On top of that, they've been charging us an extra $15 a month for services that we didn't ask for or know we had - like internet!

I'm ready to start a coalition of people who are sick of being taken advantage of by companies who 'nickel and dime' their way through my bank account.

Oh, Sprint, why do I remain so faithfully yours?

4 comments:

gulp235 said...

and the truly worst part about them - every time you make any type of change on your phone or plan, there is a billing problem on your next statement. it never fails... yet we all remain so faithfully loyal.

Meems said...

That is so true. Every time we have a change of any sort they always make mistakes in their favor.

Missy said...

I think its dumb that they can't transfer pics over. I had to get a new phone because mine was messing up and they wouldn't transfer anything but my phone numbers over...its so retarded!

Troy said...

Hello, I too have had problems with The Sprint. Great phone service, until you need something.

In my experiences, very similar to yours, I have learned that "if you set your mind to it" you can let them know how unhappy you are with their random charges, and they can go back as far as 4 months to credit your account.

Hope this helps...