Thursday, July 10, 2008

Today I was a single mother...

...of two.

Brylie and Brandon.

Brylie had one of her "days" where I am absolutely not allowed to put her down for anything.
Brandon woke up sick, went to work anyway, came home early from work, slept all day, work up to eat 3 bites of soup, and went back to bed for the night.
Oh, and he called me three times to come in a rub his back...poor guy.

Today was supposed to be my "get everything done that I haven't gotten done yet" day, but none of it got done.

Let me just say, that I do not know how single mothers do it. I couldn't even fold a load of laundry, much less clean the house, work, go to school, and care for everyone who needed caring for. I have much respect for those women.

So, I was standing in the middle of the living room, holding Brylie (who still would not let me put her down), and looking around at everything that didn't get done; and I was throwing a pity party for myself.

So, I strapped Brylie in the old stroller, kissed my hubby on the forehead, and went for a nice, long walk around the neighborhood to talk to God.

He made it better : )

------------

Later, I read a friend's blog. She's been trying for almost 2 years to get pregnant and just found out that she's 5 weeks along. I clicked back through some of her past blogs and just about lost it as every month had a blog that said, "No baby this month..."
I sure take some things for granted.

2 comments:

crys said...

i'm right there with you. i could NEVER be a single mom! when jerry has to go out of town, i'm completely frazzled. i usually enlist my mom to come stay with me. that always helps!

Ashley said...

wow i hear ya