Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mommy Moments, both good...and bad

First..."The Good"

I ordered some of those headbands and bows from the Chinese Ebay lady that Melissa told me about. I'm stoked.

I cannot wait to go to Schlitterbahn with my hubby (and my hubby ONLY) on Monday! This is our first official "date" since Brylie was born. My parents volunteered to keep her for the day at their ranch which is just a drive from New Braunfels.

Maybe we'll kiss and hold hands in the MasterBlaster line like the teenagers... : )

I like to wait until Bry is good and asleep and then just go stare at her in her crib. I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this, but sometimes I just want to pick her up and give her a big kiss and hug!
But I don't...no way.


I painted her toenails today. I've been wanting to do it for a while, so I just waited until she fell asleep in her carseat and then I grabbed the polish! So stinkin' cute...we match!
After I did it, I thought, "I hope she's not too young for this." Oh well, it's adorable and we got some great pictures!




And now, for your entertainment, the "Bad Mommy Moment."

Last night was my little bro's 21st birthday, so we all went to Chili's to celebrate. While we're sitting there, I picked up a lemon (that I thought was mine) and put it up to Brylie's mouth for her to lick (which she loves). After about a minute, my brother says, "Um, is that MY lemon?" At first, everyone looked at him like, "Wow, pretty stingy with the lemon, Dave..." until we realized that not only was the lemon actually his, but it had come out of his "21st birthday celebratory drink!"

Oh my...

So, my 6 month old baby now knows what alcohol tastes like. And worse, she wanted the lemon back.

5 comments:

crys said...

the lemon thing is stinkin' hilarious!

and the toenails...so cute!

and the staring at the sleeping baby...totally guilty!

Meems said...

So funny!
Love the matching toenails.
The hair bows will take awhile to arrive since they are coming from China.

beautiful chaos said...

Hehehe. Ahhhh the first taste of a spiked lemon! She's ruined for sure now!
*winks*

Wendy said...

I found you! I'll save you with my others. It was nice getting to know you a little last night.

Sarah P. Henry said...

the lemon story is amazing. like.. so funny. and the toes are cute. and i just realized that you're blogging super regularly. you've been commenting on my blog a lot so i figured i needed to check it out. i'll put you on my list straight away. love you guys!