Monday, July 7, 2008

Grace.

Brandon and I decided today that we needed to go look for a new place to live. As it turns out, our landlord does not love us as he should and when we signed the lease, he neglected to tell us that our new home would have no insulation, many leaks, and 30-year-old carpet.
Since we can't take a baby to live in the ghetto and nice apartments (including bills) are ridiculously high, we're staying here.
I'm trying to look on the bright side though.
There's a back yard for Gracie, it's very centrally-located, and it's cute.
That "cute" thing is what gets me. It definitely has some curb appeal.
Even if it does get us ginormous electric bills.
Hmm.
God's never let us down.
Speaking of which...
Last week, I was slightly bummed about my support with Chi Alpha ending this month. I'm staying with it because I love it, but now, we'll be getting by on God's grace.
I started sending out the old resume' and I found this job with Big Brothers Big Sisters that I knew I would love...only problem is they wanted me to work 32 hours a week.
Not going to happen.
What would I do with Brylie?
So, we told God it was His call. The next day I got a random call from the head of the Psych department offering me a graduate assistantship..... .....that I didn't apply for.
Thank you, Lord!

3 comments:

crys said...

wow! what a wonderful God we serve! always faithful!

team D said...

hey I don't know you very well but I found your blog by chance. I am from the church and we have said hey to each other. This is my blog if you would like to learn more about me.
Esther
http://www.team-d.blogspot.com/

gulp235 said...

God does hear our prayers! Glad to find your blog! Yay, another one to read! And I'm definitely gonna love the Brylie poop stories. =) JK!