Sunday, October 19, 2008

welcome to my pity party

I am stressed out.
I don't even know how I found time for this. Maybe because it's 2 a.m. and I'm about to wrap up the homework and work for the night. Maybe this is my therapy. Either way, I'm in need of something. An intervention.

I've just about lost it twice today and I feel another bout coming on. Not over anything too serious: school, hurt feelings, and Sprint's wrongful depletion of our savings account.
I have way too much on my plate. I'm not man enough to drop any responsibilities, but at least I'm no longer in denial. The problem is, I care very much about every commitment I've made.

Being stressed makes me feel like I'm in serious need of some alone time with Him.
I know I am.

I need peace. I need refreshment. I need to have no responsibilities.
Surely the world can do without me for one day.

3 comments:

Meems said...

We all need a pity party from time to time. Just start counting down the days to Thanksgiving. Maybe that will help.

You do have a lot on your plate.

Jason and Jenna Jones said...

I have to say that I understand 100% -- I hope you take that time to be with God.

Love you! I'll pray that wisdom whispers in your ear what you need to do. Remember that, "His yoke is easy and His burden is light..."

marme said...

baby girl, in 3 weeks you can have a whole weekend and I promise you will feel refreshed.

May the Spirit of the refreshing God sweep over you giving life, peace, strength and rest, releasing all anxiety and feelings of overwhelmingness. Amen!

I love you!