Monday, September 22, 2008

the new dress code

So, tonight, I'm in my Group Counseling class. Since class is 3 hours long, that gives Dr. S a good...oh...2 hours of time to ramble before we have to actually get down to business.
(yes, I have calculated how much money I'm wasting on this education...)

She spent all two hours of that tonight talking about a religious meeting she went to where she was asked to speak on Hinduism and Sikhism. She's a Christian now, but since she was raised in India, she knows all about those religions.

She knows I'm a Christian - we've actually spent a lot of time in her office talking about our faith.

She also is very outspoken and doesn't always think things through before she says them.

I say all that to get to this...

Tonight, I was just minding my own business, not doing anyone any harm, when I hear her say,
"Mari is very, very spiritual. She doesn't look it....but she is!"

Everyone's falling out of their chairs and laughing, while Dr. S is trying to figure out what she said that is so funny. She may have been in America for 30 years, but she still has a lot to learn.

So, yeah, if anyone's got some spare "nun clothes" lying around, can I borrow them? It's time I start dressing a little more spiritual.


fyi: I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt...not a string bikini.

No comments: