Saturday, September 27, 2008

23

I am 2 hours and twenty minutes into my 23rd year of life. Or is it the beginning of my 24th...? Anyway, don't ask what I'm doing up this late. It's a mixture of work and homework that just won't seem to end.

But, here's a run-down of the last 3 hours:

11:30 p.m. - Brandon disappears out the front door with his guitar.

11:55 p.m. - I look at the clock, realize that I'm 5 minutes away from the one day a year that I can do whatever I want, and proceed into the kitchen to prepare for the occasion.

11:58 p.m. - I emerge from the kitchen with a 1/2 gallon of blue bell 'cookies and cream' ice cream and a quart of 'cherry vanilla' ice cream. Oh yes.

12:03 a.m. - ok, that's enough ice cream.

12:10 a.m. - Brandon busts in the door and (Gus-Gus-from-Cinderella style) says, "du-du-du HAP-py BIRT-day!"

12:12 a.m. - he sings me the song he was writing for me when he was outside.

That, plus Ichiban's tomorrow ... not too shabby.
Not too shabby at all.

6 comments:

Sara_Smiles said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

JAC said...

I hope you have a wonderful, happy, the best ever birthday!

Sara the crazy red headed girl said...

Happy Birthday all the way from Virginia! Hope u have a good.
sara and david green

ps i have a blog now.

Meems said...

I hope your birthday is very special. This was hilarious!

Nanna's Place said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great one!

gulp235 said...

happy birthday!

hope you enjoyed ichibans! yummy!