Monday, February 9, 2009

those people.

you know who I'm talking about.

the ones at the restaurant table next to yours who are perfectly capable of having a conversation, all the while, not noticing and/or caring that their child is screaming uncontrollably beside them; subsequently, ruining your dinner and the dinners of everyone else around them.

as of tonight, I am those people.

and even though I've already developed the "parental selective hearing" that enables me to drown out the random, pointless screams, I do care about your dinner.

and I'm sorry.

4 comments:

crys said...

oh, please!

she's a normal child.

just wait until she can talk and go around telling people things that happen at home.

now that's fun! :)

kj said...

crying/screaming babies are not even what bother my dinner. it's the stupid adults who don't realize their talking loud enough for the entire restaurant to hear them! people, get it together, please!!!

babies=understandable. adults=stupid.

Meems said...

I am often the parent of the screaming children. I care, but not enough to be stuck at home all the time.

I'm sure she bothered you more than anyone else.

Nanna's Place said...

I'm with Kylah. Screaming babies I understand....stupid loud people I don't.