Wednesday, January 28, 2009

slapped by the Spirit (in a nice way)

Alright, here's where I am now:

I have long since agreed with the Big Guy that my purpose is to be available for anything at anytime - Great Commission kinda stuff, right? I would be thrilled if I could just walk around campus all day long talking to random kids about the love of Christ. Unfortunately, very few people can support their families on the income that comes from that kind of a job. But, I know that whatever I'm doing, I'll have opportunities every day to talk to people about this - after all, this is what I'm called for.
So, I've come to the conclusion that God has given me these desires for a reason - and I should stay in school and not worry about future things. And if I make $30,000 for the rest of my life and never get my student loans payed off, whatever. Those things don't even matter. Salvations matter.

So that's where I'm at (that's right, I ended a sentence with "at").

Sorry for whining yesterday. Mostly I just wanted to get that post off my blog.

No comments: