Tuesday, April 21, 2009

what I hate about being a mommy

...not being able to watch "kid" movies without finding every little stinkin' thing in them that is...uh...inappropriate for kids.

Why do they have to put those things in there? Seriously, Madagascar 2, are the witch doctors and volcano sacrifices and "how in the hello are we going to get out of here?" really necessary?

To you, they're cute and innocent; but mommies and daddies are the ones who are stuck explaining the concept of "sacrificing a virgin to the volcano gods" to a little kid.

Ugh.

I'm not ready to fight the "why can't I see that movie?" battle....
Hopefully I have another few years.

3 comments:

Tina said...

I feel your pain. Doesn't seem like it was too long ago that I was lamenting the very same thing. It won't be many years before you will hear, "But everyone else is going to that movie." May God be gracious unto you.

Nanna's Place said...

Know just how you feel! My kids were not allowed to go the movies unless I saw it first and since John and I didn't go to movies that pretty much ment no movies. they didn't watch sit comedys either. Stand you ground,you won't have to deal with for at least another 10 years or so and hopefully Jesus will come before that. Until then, PRAY.

CG said...

Totally! It really bad when your child starts singing "I like um big...."